Thursday, April 7, 2011

Edinburgh Half Marathon





















Look! my number! I am leaving tomorrow to spend the weekend in Edinburgh, running 13.1 miles in my first half-marathon.  I am running for Friends of the Earth Scotland, an environmentalist charity.

Check out their webpage here:
http://www.foe-scotland.org.uk/

After this race I will probably have to retire my beloved sneaks which a) have my name embroidered on them b) were designed by me! c) now have holes in them since I've run over 250 miles in them!  I have been training for this race for the last 12 weeks (LONG TIME) and am so ready!  I may swear at the preparation sometimes, its definitely part of the fascination of running.  It feels really good to go to lunch and say to craig "i ran 12 miles this morning."  Training for this has opened my eyes to bigger opportunities like potentially joining the Cross Country team next year and running a full marathon sometime this summer.
Even though i have prepared and feel ready, im sure i won't be standing at the starting line thinking "okay only 13 more miles to go", it will definitely still be difficult.  Kiri and I are watching "Spirit of the Marathon" to prepare. Its a cool documentary on running the Chicago marathon- definitely check it out.

Anyways, wish me luck! I'll be sure to post lots of pictures of Scotland when i get back- It will be my first time visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...