Friday, January 28, 2011

Save Art.













Obviously I've always been very interested in Art, but since i've been at Oxford I have found it to be really a respected subject.  People here are seem to be more caught up in history, english, philosophy and art than math and sciences. Its made my work feel more rewarding. like its not just something i do "on the side."

On a different topic, I just went shopping with Ashley for tonights "game night" since I am the social secretary of the Junior Common Room for this term! whoohoo. we got lots of junk food and soda which completely grossed me out, but she let me get some carrot sticks and carbonated juice for people like me to nosh on.

Last random bit, this morning Kiri and I did our "long run" for the week, as part of our training for April. Six miles and we still felt great afterward, things are seeming more attainable now than ever!

Been thinking a lot about my future lately some serious things, some things that will probably never materialize... planning trips to scotland and ireland later this term, thinking about what I want to do this summer, what's happening next semester and next year with my classes and capstone project, where I'm going to live... even thinking about WOOFing next spring break (somewhere on the west coast?), and take a summer term in the Himalayas next summer.  If i've learned anything from traveling its that you can't always take the liberty of planning ahead because that usually backfires.  So for now I'm just kind of going with the flow, but sending out feelers and keeping my options open.

<3 hope its as beautiful where you are as it is here in Oxford.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...