Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Beet Summer Salad

The farm has been giving me lots of beets recently, they are beautiful candy striped beets and after looking through some recipe's for different kinds of beet summer salads, I devised my own.  All of the veggies used in this recipe are in season, mine came entirely from the organic farm I'm working on this summer.  

15 raw beets 
8 medium carrots
2 radishes
3 small spring onions
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Sesame Seeds

Peel the carrots and beets.  Shred the beets, carrots, and radishes into a large bowl.  Chop the spring onions (I used the stems as well as the heads) and add to the bowl with the other vegetables.  Coat with olive oil and add 3tbs. vinegar.  You can use salt and pepper to taste, (I did this with one batch but not the others and to be honest its hard to tell the difference).  When you are ready to eat, top with a handful of sesame seeds.  TA-DA!

I've been storing the salad in my fridge in glass mason jars, its perfect to snack on for lunch with fresh bread. (mom you should try this you would like it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...