Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Broccoli and Mushroom Quisotto

Similar to a risotto but with quinoa, my miracle grain, this was dinner last night and lunch today!

2 c. steamed broccoli
1 chopped onion
1 c. sliced button mushrooms
2 cloves of crushed garlic
a bit of fresh rosemary
Olive oil
1/8 c. Parmesan Cheese
1 c. Quinoa

First I steamed the broccoli in salt water, then I saved the water the broccoli was steamed in and used it to cook the quinoa.  I really do think that this helped give the quinoa a more robust flavor.  Then in a pan I combined the chopped broccoli, onion, garlic, and rosemary with a bit of olive oil in a pan on the stove.  I simmered until the mushrooms were soft and the onion was cooked, about ten minutes.  Then I combined the vegetable mix with the quinoa.  (I didn't have any cheese to stir in but I wish I did... need to work on that.)  Anyways this was one of the best dinner's I've ever made for myself, it was filling and delicious, and mildly reminiscent of my time in Italia.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...