Friday, April 16, 2010

monkeys





So.
yesterday.
thursday. drawing class with carrie. it was good but carrie keeps fretting about how they are going to have to drop her summer course, which i am currently enrolled in, because not enough people are signing up. our school kind of sucks with certain things... for example, they are making me take summer courses, but now one of the summer courses might get cancelled, after i carefully scheduled all the classes i could take and fit them into six weeks.
I had a ton of paperwork due for both summer housing, and also for my various study abroad commitments. Which was stressful and terminated in Joanne Goldwater being sarcastic with me and Craig yelling at me for not being more organized about things. I mean hes basically right, im not very organized at all, but i guess i've really never had to be, since i've never done my own "important things".
Anyways and then Craig and I both went to Public Safety to get certified to drive the big vans for saferide because up to this point we have both been "bouncers" and not "drivers"
so I went first and looked utterly stupid because i have never really driven anything other than the little honda, and so i didnt know how to use the shift and things like that. anyways it was really embarrassing, but once i get the rest of my paperwork in for that ill be good to drive state vehicles.
BLAH
then craig and i went to a reading, where the author reads his own work.
that was really inspiring and relaxing and the author was really quite wonderful. hes a professor at a real university (ohio state). Lee K. Abbott
then i worked saferide until 2:30.

And then this morning craig and i skipped psych to go to a brunch with a bunch of Dematha boys and their creative writing professor, one of our english professors, and the author who was still here from the previous night. It was basically a Q and A regarding one of the books which Lee had written and the boys had all read. Craig had fun because the teacher is an old friend of his i suppose. It was funny, they had brought a present for the author, a dematha catholic baseball hat, and they presented it with such ceremony that i had to lean over and whisper to craig "wow, what more could anyone else want besides a Dematha baseball hat?"
I think craig was offended. haha.

then we went to the beach and went kyaking with bob dean, rachel sholtes, and rachels friend, who i dont exactly know the name of. it was really fun and we saw an osprey nest which was nice. then on the ride home i didnt feel like paddling anymore so i attached my kyak to craigs and he towed me back to the docks while i lay in my kyak sunning and reading a book of Lee K Abbotts.

Then we got smoothies, because we had missed lunch, and Craig and I went back to my house and took a family nap with asia, who also happened to be home from her doctors apt, and napping.

now i am getting ready for craigs c-men concert tonight, which is basically going to be our start to the World Carnival, which is some big deal this weekend. Im looking forward to the various bands who are coming and performing!
I hope i love them!
Their names are Cool Kids, and Donora i believe.

anyways i have to go get ready and grab that laundry i did like 8 days ago and forgot to pick up.

cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...