Saturday, September 12, 2009

saturday mornings

Yesterday a comedian came to our school. i went to his 8 o'clock show. he was pretty good, plus he came all the way from LA which was cool. he was really raunchy but kind of funny.
After the show I made the unfortunate mistake of brining my one card out with me to party. I lost it somewhere and i dont know where. Its not a real big deal, i've lost it like three times since ive been here. Its just mostly inconvenient, because i cant get into buildings or get food or do laundry.

This morning i woke up at ten o'clock to an absolutely beautiful day. Got brunch to-go with my friend Nate, then ate overlooking the river. It was very lovely. Then I went windsurfing from 12 till 3. There was next to no wind. which was great, because i feel more confident when im going super slow. haha, much easier that way. I surfed across the river to the other side where i met this old man on a old wooden sail boat who had sailed up from Georgia. I also met this couple who was raising their kid on a catamaran until he was old enough to go to kindergarden. I think thats pretty awesome. I decided I would like to live on a boat for a bit, with a cat. Some students here actually live on boats. no lie. they dock them out in the water and they have meal plans on campus but they live off their boats. Anyways, so i headed back to the beach where there were these girls having a paint fight. which is just what it sounds like.
Megans mom apparently was here to visit, she left us food, and warmer clothes, and a DVD player. which we are pretty excited about. mostly we are excited about the food though.
We have a lax recruit staying with my room mate tonight so we cleaned up our room!! which was a rather intensive ordeal for me and megan. This is the cleanest its been since we moved in. we are pretty proud of ourselves.

I'm in the process of writing two art papers, and i dont think i'll go out tonight. well... maybe i will. ill see where i am with my papers. there is a HUGE slip and slide going on at one of the quads tonight. there will be alot of water and soap and alcohol. idk. well see how i feel about it i suppose.

anyways, life here is good and im going to dinner soon.

cheers.


oh.
PS- i was selected to be a "peer ambassador" whoot. thats like supposed to be impressive. pretend your impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...